Many independent experts have contributed to this initiative including Prof. Tom Woolley, a well-known advocate of green and natural building. The aims of the initiative were to help architects, specifiers, engineers, developers and their clients consider how to use galvanized steel in the context of sustainable construction.
Time: The presentation is 45 minutes long
The presentation includes information on:
* Introduction to hot dip galvanizing
* The galvanizing process
* Coating characteristics and performance
* What is sustainability?
* Sustainable aspects of galvanizing: carbon footprint, recycling and durability
* The benefits of zinc and steel
* Case studies: Life Cycle Analysis