Small articles may be galvanized by a variation on the standard hot dip galvanizing process and is known as ‘Centrifuge Galvanizing or Spin Galvanizing.
In centrifuge galvanizing (or spin galvanizing) the work follows the same process route as for larger articles except the items are loaded into a basket which is spun at high speed immediately after removal from the molten zinc.
This removes surplus zinc and improves the uniform distribution of the zinc coating, while preventing pieces from sticking together. Work is normally quenched immediately after centrifuging.
- Parameters of the Process
- Appearance and Surface Quality
- High Strength Friction Grip Bolts
- British Standards for protective coatings on threaded fasteners
- Other Fabricated Small Components
Want to have a pdf version of this datasheet? Click the button below.