Galvanizers Association, the representational body for the hot dip galvanizing industry in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, were founder members of the RIBA CPD Providers Network and work closely with RIBA for new generations within the industry. The Association has been providing CPDs for Architects and Engineers for well over 25 years.
A continuing professional development (CPD) is an occasion to ensure that you keep up to date, stay ahead and manage your career. A CPD increases your potential by making your growing and progressing. We currently offer two CPDs: Corrosion Protection of Steel by Hot Dip Galvanizing and Galvanizing and Sustainable Construction. Both CPDs can either be presented online or by an office visit, depending on the current COVID restrictions.
The corrosion protection of steel CPD covers the hot dip galvanizing process, the coating performance, how to design for the process and more. The galvanizing and sustainable construction CPD will also cover the process and the performance, but will also focus on the sustainable aspects of galvanizing: carbon footprint, recycling and durability.
Key Benefits of our Architects CPDs
- They are approved by RIBA and recognised by RIAI (click here for more information on our RIAI CPD), so they count towards your annual CPD points;
- You learn about cost-effective corrosion protection with a proven record through case studies and case histories;
- You learn how to specify galvanizing, which will save you time in the design process;
- They are both free presentations;
- Information packs and RIBA CPD certificates are provided;
- More, we reimburse you for lunch time refreshments.
We think our architects CPDs are great, but don’t take our word for it, read some testimonials we received from other architects below:
“CPD was very useful and interesting.”
Studiorogers Architects Ltd, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
“[Gained] further knowledge and uses of galvanizing.”
TODD Architects and Planners, Belfast
“Very well presented by <staff>. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all our questions and more.”
Wicksteed Leisure Limited,
“Useful information for specifying and understanding galvanizing.”
“Speaker was very enthusiastic and held our attention.”
How to book a CPD with us
- Click the button below and fill in the form.
- A member of our team will be in touch shortly to arrange a date that suits your requirements.
- Before booking the Sustainability CPD, we recommend you have the Corrosion Protection of Steel CPD, so that you develop a complete understanding of the hot dip galvanizing process.
If an online CPD presentation is not possible, there is the possibility of having an office visit, depending on current COVID restrictions. Click here for an overview of our CPD for Architects